In this assignment, you will also discover the variation of toponyms in different regions of the world. Next, you will explore how not all distances are equally distant. Finally, you will explore spatial patterns of locations, growth, and change of the world’s largest cities at different times during the past two millennia.
- Identify and explain locations in the Americas where French, English, and Spanish toponyms are present today.
- Explain why the root language of toponyms in North America varies from region to region.
- Visualize and analyze variations in the time-space compression.
- Describe the locations and sizes of the world’s largest cities over time.
- Explain the ever-increasing pattern of growth among the world’s urban populations in the past 2,000 years.